Bell House and Boarding House, Prison Farm, Enfield, Ct
- Shakers- General collection
- Alternative Title
- Bell House and Boarding House, Prison Farm, Enfield, Connecticut
- Item Media Type
- 1750 to 1900s
- 2 images
- Two story frame Barn on stone piers. Barn-boarded and battened walls, painted. Barn used for garage and storage. Plank floor, and floor single; gable roof shingled. Prison Farm, Enfield, Ct.
Inscriptions: Handwritten on back: Bell House and Boarding House. Two and three story frame constructed dwelling, containing about 22 rooms. Stone foundations, brownstone underpinnings, joist constructed double floors, walls clapboarded, box cornices, plastered walls and ceilings, painted trim, gable roof shingled. Cast iron sinks. No electric wiring or heat. Prison Farm, Enfield, Ct.
Reproduction of an original photograph held by The Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities, 141 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114
This photograph is furnished for study purposes only. Written permission must be obtained for any other use. The Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities, 141 Cambridge Street, Boston, Mass. 02114
Copyright note: The images of this item are displayed here with the permission of The Society for the Preservation of New England, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Subject Geographic
- United States
- Shelf Location
- Original digital object name: yhm-spe-sha-pho-153
- Hamilton College Library, Communal Societies, Shakers, Photographs, sha-pho-153
- Restrictions on Access
- There are no restrictions on access to this material.